Basque Cheesecake

Image
  If you love cheesecakes, you definitely need to give this recipe a try. This Basque Cheesecake is so smooth and creamy and the best part is that it is easy to make. The worst part is having to wait for it to be refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight for the flavours to develop but the wait is so worth it. This recipe can be made using the oven or in the air fryer. I have made it both in the oven and in the air fryer. Both methods create a delicious cheesecake that your family and friends will ask you to make time and time again.  Happy Baking xo Basque Cheesecake  Ingredients · 250 grams cream cheese ·  ½  cup sugar · 2 eggs · 1 tablespoon cornflour ·  ⅓  cup thickened cream ·  ½  teaspoon vanilla extract  ·  ¼  teaspoon salt (optional) Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 250°C.  2. Line a 6-inch round tin with baking paper. 3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy using a wooden spoon. 4. ...

Festive Shortbread Cookies

I'm so excited about Christmas baking that I kind'a started a bit early this year. I know it's November but I thought I'd start sharing some recipes to inspire you to bake for Christmas.

One of the things I always bake at Christmas time are shortbread cookies.  These festive shortbread cookies are so easy and fun to make.  But best of all they taste delicious as the cookies melt-in-your mouth.

I love to drizzle melted chocolate and add sprinkles onto them.  There are so many different shaped cookie cutters you can use.  As usual, I love to make mini treats so I used a small star cutter.  This recipe makes lots of little cookies.  Or you can make quite a few large cookies instead.


Happy Baking xo

Festive Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients

· 250 grams butter, cubed
· 1¾ cups plain flour
· ⅔ cups rice flour
· ⅔ caster sugar
· Pinch of salt

Decorations

· Sprinkles
· Dark or white chocolate

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 170°C.

2. Line two baking trays with baking paper.

3. Combine flours, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.

4. Place mixture onto a lightly floured bench and knead until dough is smooth. Roll out dough to 5mm thickness and use cookie cutters to cut out the shapes.

5. Bake in oven for 10- 12 minutes or until cookies change colour. Leave on baking tray for 5 minutes before lifting onto a cooling rack.

6. Decorate as desired.

Tips

· You can use a food processor to pulse all the ingredients to resemble breadcrumbs

· Rolling the dough between two sheet of baking paper makes it easier to lift the cookies off onto the baking tray.






Did you bake this recipe?

Remember to tag @youcanbakeittoo on Instagram & hashtag #youcanbakeittoo 
so I can see your wonderful bakes.

 Follow Me on Instagram  Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Kisses

Mini Yo-Yos (Melting Moments)

Strawberry Jelly Slice