Basque Cheesecake

Image
  If you love cheesecakes, you definitely need to give this recipe a try. This Basque Cheesecake is so smooth and creamy and the best part is that it is easy to make. The worst part is having to wait for it to be refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight for the flavours to develop but the wait is so worth it. This recipe can be made using the oven or in the air fryer. I have made it both in the oven and in the air fryer. Both methods create a delicious cheesecake that your family and friends will ask you to make time and time again.  Happy Baking xo Basque Cheesecake  Ingredients · 250 grams cream cheese ·  ½  cup sugar · 2 eggs · 1 tablespoon cornflour ·  ⅓  cup thickened cream ·  ½  teaspoon vanilla extract  ·  ¼  teaspoon salt (optional) Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 250°C.  2. Line a 6-inch round tin with baking paper. 3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy using a wooden spoon. 4. ...

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

My beautiful friend Tammy @sweettoothcravingsandmore on Instagram asked me to be part of a Girl Scout Cookie Reinvention collaboration. 

I'm excited to see what the other amazing bakers have baked.  Be sure to check out #girlscoutcookiereinventedcollab 

To be honest with you all, I have never tasted a Girl Scout Cookie before but I did go onto the website to see what cookie flavours they had and from that I decided to reinvent one of their popular cookies - Thin Mints.  
My reinvention of this cookie is more of a traditional looking cookie with peppermint flavour and added chocolate chips.  I also added some drops of green colouring for it to look like peppermint.

These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and so delicious with a lovely peppermint flavour which goes perfectly with the dark chocolate chips. 

I'm not a big fan of peppermint flavour in desserts but these cookies have a lovely balance between the peppermint and chocolate which makes it not over-powering.  I do love peppermint tea though.

Happy Baking xo


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

· 85 grams unsalted butter
· ⅔ cup caster sugar
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon natural peppermint extract – Queens Fine Food
· 10 drops green food colouring – Queens Rainbow Food Colour
· 1 egg
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1⅓ cups plain flour
· ½ cup dark chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line trays with baking paper.

2. Using an electric beater, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.

3. Add egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.

4. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt, a third at a time until combined. Avoid over mixing it.

5. Add in the dark chocolate chips.

6. Place one tablespoonful of cookie dough onto the baking tray. Make sure to leave about 1cm between each cookie.

7. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on baking trays.

Tips

· These cookies do not spread much when baked; if you want flatter cookies, just push the cookies down a little before baking.


Did you bake this recipe?

Remember to tag @youcanbakeittoo on Instagram & hashtag #youcanbakeittoo 
so I can see your wonderful bakes.

 Follow Me on Instagram  Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Kisses

Mini Yo-Yos (Melting Moments)

Strawberry Jelly Slice